Tuesday, May 24, 2011

First trip to Sweden!

It's 6:30 AM and our alarms are going off! Jackie and I slowly get out of bed, have some breakfast then get ready. Katja(mom) insists that we do not wear soccer clothes.. so instead of the usually 20 seconds it takes me to get dressed, today it took about 2 minutes to figure out what to wear! 7 AM sharp and we are loaded in the green machine. We are ready for our trip to IKEA! Katja was the driver, I was the co-pilot and then we had DJ Jackie in the back seat! We brought an amplifier to plug into our ipods so we could have some good ole American music the whole time with no Finnish/Swedish interruptions!

Sverige=Sweden, Suomi=Finland

So I have never been to the Ikea in the U.S before but it was quite the experience. After looking at the show rooms for about 3 hours we took a break for lunch. We had some Swedish meatballs, mashed potatoes and lingonberry. It was very good! Now it was time to get our stuff from the warehouse. Whenever I saw the full 3 carriages we had I was a little worried we might be leaving some stuff behind in Sweden. But no worries the green machine allowed us to fit everything plus room for one more bag if needed! Before heading home we stopped at grocery store to check out the Swedish candy and ice cream. Fins love there ice cream and candy and well I think I'm becoming a fin too! So we loaded up on some treats and back to the car for the four hour journey home.

All day I was hoping that I would see a reindeer. I knew we would see one! I look to the left across the highway and there was a huge moose next to the road! It was awesome.. although I have seen a moose before so I was still crossing my fingers to find a reindeer. Now on our right we see not one...but two REINDEER! SO COOL! So I tell Katja the next time we see a reindeer she needs to stop so we could get a picture.. sure enough a little while later she slams on the breaks and pulls over. Jackie and I run out and got so close to them! They were basically like a penalty box away from us!! Took some pictures and then jumped back in the car. Finally the trip was complete! I would say the first trip to Sweden was a success and I am looking forward to the next adventure over!
We scared them :(

Hejdå för nu!
Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment