Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Off to a good start..

Sorry for not blogging the past month, I have a lot to catch you all up on. Since I arrived back to Finland in April we have won 3 of our division games and 2 cup games.  I got back to Kokkola on the 17th after an awesome time in the US with Ebba and Max. I hope they had as much fun as I did on their trip to the best country ever! Gbk wasted no time in getting me back in the game as the next afternoon we left for our 2nd game in the cup series. I played pretty bad, (tried to blame it on the jetlag) but we ended up winning the game 4-3 in overtime. Thanks to my new roomie for saving my butt and scoring a hat trick! Overall it was a good team effort and everyone worked hard and fought till the end.

We have moved into our apartment, which is in prime location… the middle of town! We have a perfect spot for people watching and let me tell you, the city is sooo big and busy! I live with two other Americans, Brooke and Monica, and we have a three bedroom apartment. It is really spacious and we have lots of room for activities. We plan to eventually turn the living room out of a movie theater/3 person bedroom into a workout room for insanity, but let’s not move too fast now.  
We played our season opener at home against JYPK and won 1-0. The following Saturday we travelled to southern Finland to play. We set our alarms for 4:30 and met the train for a 5:10 departure. After two trains and a bus ride we finally got to the field. The game started off slow as it was obvious the traveling got to us. We were able to come out in the second half with more energy and played some decent soccer. We ended up winning 2-0 and had a lot more chances that we should have finished. Last Saturday we played our 3rd game and won 5-0. The weather was awful; cold rainy, and sleeting at some points. We have another week of training before an away game against one of the frontrunners in the series. We are going to be missing 4 starters for the game but we are ready for the game and are prepared to go in and get the 3 points.

I have started work this week. I will be working for Robert at his company, RAIsoft doing some different things in management and marketing. My first task will be to compare the competitors with our company. I am also working for a company that sells and embroiders clothes and different little nic nacs. My job there is to do inventory and organize everything. So far the work at both places seem good and I think it will help to pass the days even though I do thoroughly enjoy my days off!

No comments:

Post a Comment